Click here to print the Program Description & Application
The Peoria Tribe of Indians of Oklahoma has established a program to aid the elderly population that could benefit from an additional funding source to supplement their households, and/or disability needs, without restricting or interfering with other government programs.
The Elder Care and Disability Reimbursement Program (ECDRP) will make available up to $1000 per fiscal year (April 1st- March 31st) for eligible tribal members. Each eligible tribal member may only choose from one program to receive reimbursement, being limited to 3 requests for services per fiscal year, not to exceed maximum total of $1000. All denied benefits will be reviewed by a 3 person Review Committee comprised of the Chief and 2 accounting staff members. Individuals will not be permitted to receive benefits as both “elderly” and “disabled.” Applicants may only utilize one program.
- Individual must be an enrolled member of the Peoria Tribe of Indians of Oklahoma, evidenced by Tribal Enrollment Card to receive benefits.
- Eligible tribal member must be 65 years or older, evidenced by a Photo I.D. to receive benefits.
- Eligible adult tribal member must provide an award letter or benefit statement from the Social Security Administration (dated within last 90 days), to receive disability benefits. No other proof of disability will be accepted.
- Minors or other disabled individuals already receiving Disability Social Security or SSI benefits payable to a representative payee, will be eligible for tribal reimbursement program. All payments will be made to the representative payee as designated on SSI records. Minors not receiving SSI benefits must have documentation of state or federal Determination of Disability to receive reimbursement.
Eligibility for Reimbursement:
- Approved application must be on file.
- Submission date of the application will be the date the application is received at the Tribal office.
- Receipt must be dated within the fiscal year of application date.
- All receipts must show date and amount of transaction with description of product(s) and services.
- All receipts must contain the vendors contact information and a detailed summary of product(s) and services.
Insurance and Taxes:
- Life Insurance
- Home Owner’s Insurance
- Automotive Insurance
- Healthcare Insurance
- Personal Content Insurance for renters
- Property Tax
Note: ALL insurance/proof of ownership of property must be in the name of the eligible tribal member to qualify for payment.
- Natural gas
- Trash services
- Telephone services
Note: ALL utilities must be in the name of the eligible tribal member to qualify for payment.
Health Care Expense:
- Prescription eye glasses
- Medical Alert Service
- Prescription medication
- Health care deductibles
- Physician prescribed ambulatory product (wheelchair, cane, walker)
- Hearing aids
- Miscellaneous items prescribed by a physician
Note: ALL prescriptions and deductibles must be in the name of the eligible tribal member to qualify for payment.