NEO unveiled the Centennial Tribal Monument on Indigenous Peoples’ Day 2019
During the event, Miss Indian NEO Ravyn Whitebird gave the invocation, Cheyenne Watson gave the land acknowledgment, Quapaw Chairman John Berry gave a keynote address, NEO Interim President Dr. Mark Rasor delivered a proclamation declaring the second Monday in October as Indigenous Peoples’ Day on the NEO Campus, Ottawa Tribe of Oklahoma Chief Ethel Cook gave a proclamation recognizing NEO on behalf of the Intertribal Council, and AICE Mentor Hannah Berryman unveiled the monument with the help of Native American Student Association Students.
Following the unveiling, the American Indian Center for Excellence (AICE) hosted a panel discussing the 1959 termination and 1978 restoration of federal recognition for the Peoria Tribe, Wyandotte Nation, and Ottawa Tribe of Oklahoma.
For more information, visit http://www.neo.edu/neo-unveils-centennial-tribal-monument-…/
It’s time to register for the Peoria Tribe Children’s Christmas Party!!
Registration forms turned in by the Early-Bird registration date (October 14th)
will be entered into a drawing for a prize at the party!
If you have any questions, please contact Lacie Hickey at the administration office –
918.540.2535 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
American Indian STEM and Business Day
Scholarship opportunity from The Gates Scholarship
• A high school senior
• From at least one of the following ethnicities: African American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian/Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
• A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
• A minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US, accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
*For American Indian/Alaska Native, proof of tribal enrollment will be required.
An ideal candidate will also have:
• An outstanding high school academic record (e.g., be in the top 10 percent of his/her graduating class)
• Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, and extracurricular, or other activities)
• Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
For additional information, please visit our website and watch the video below.